Friday, June 04, 2010

How do I follow that up?!

Ever since the tremendous outpouring of compliments that I received from this post I have been dreading even trying to match it and whether or not I should just go out on top and never post again.  Alas, I have caved and since nothing real in my life could ever top what happened in the longest 21 hours of Carrie's life (it was a little long for me too) I have decided to not even try.  Enjoy.

********************************


This morning I woke up, nay, hopped out of bed before my phone alarm went off.  I promptly went through my phone settings and set the alarm to off as to not wake either Carrie or Jack from there peaceful slumbers.  Jack slept the entire night, again, allowing Carrie to sleep without having to bring him into the bed.  The clock read 6:45 am and I was grateful for the 9 1/2 hours of sleep I got and ready to start the day.  I quickly put on a pair of soccer shorts and shoes and got ready for a quick but intense morning workout.  After doing 50 bench presses at 200lbs each, I decided to push myself and do an extra 15 at 250 lbs (this was punishment for eating that extra ice cream sandwich the night before after 9 pm...).  After a few 100 curls, squats and sit ups, I decided to hit the showers at 7:15 am


I was out of the shower at 7:17 AM and made myself a great breakfast that I will not bore you with the details (basically it was eggs, 2 servings of fruit, toast and a glass of milk).  Kids were up, I changed diapers and served everyone there breakfast before kissing everyone and leaving for work at 7:35.


I had a Good day at work and returned home still feeling fresh.


As I walked in the door, everyone was all smiles and dinner was just coming out of the oven.  While I was at work Carrie had prepared an amazing 5 course meal that we all sat down and ate with delight.  I cleaned the dishes and since I was in the mode decided to scrub down the entire kitchen, just because I could.  Evie showed me what she had drawn that day and I was amazed to see a picture of stick figure's representing me, Carrie, Evie and Jack standing outside a house with smoke coming out of the chimney.  Amazing what a 18 month old can do these days!  In fact, Evie potty trained herself and Jack not wanting to be out done, did the same thing!  No more diapers!  At 8 pm, Jack fell asleep in his crib and Evie went, closed her bedroom door while saying "Bye" and put herself to sleep.  

Carrie and I flipped on the TV to find a new LOST episode and were amazed at the previously unanswered questions being answered one after another.  It makes so much more sense now why they kept saying Walt was "special"!  Once the show finished I decided to check out espn.com and turns out Jim Joyce didn't call the runner safe at first and he was actually out!  Supposedly there was a giant fly right in front of him (that can not be seen by modern day cameras) at the same time the play occurred.  However, Joyce was distracted by the bug and tried a butterfly swap at it but in the process he yelled "Out!".  It was confusing because none of the replays had sound and it wasn't until a deaf person read his lips that they were able to determine what his actual call was.  Why the 28th batter then?  Well, you'll have to watch the next episode of LOST to figure that one out...

******************************** 

While I know some of you are thinking, "Man, what a great day" or "This guy is full of it", there is one truth and that is I have an Amazing wife, two wonderfully unique and beautiful children, a life worth living and a God that loves me, despite my attempts to prove the contrary.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That was the best blog post, ever. :o)

Anonymous said...

agreed :)